www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: curious

Default curious

I was Just wondering if any one else noticed the new gill net stretched across the narrows, just south of the tip of saunders. This is nothing new, I have counted 4 similar, perfectly legal, setups at one time in previous years,however it seems earlier than usual. If so, has any one seen a lift? I masy be wrong so please don't quote me on this but my reseach shows that they are allowed 100lbs daily. I'm curious as to what happens to the extra fish. This net is set up on quite the walleye highway, and I am sure on occasion a few extra pounds may be harvested accidentally. A re they revived and released? I am very interested in current revival tecniques, as I am sure most of you have whitnessed what happens to a walleye that spends more than 30 seconds on the ice this time of year. Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

It is a shame.
    Boats 'n' Hoes

Curious as to who exactly is setting these gill nets!!?

You said it yourself - "perfectly legal" nets. Let's not worry about the issue of over limits until it's proven that there is a "problem."

These posts tend to spiral out of control pretty fast. One post crosses the line, and the whole thread will be removed. That's not what this site is for.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

BEAUTIFULLY said Chris, I think some of us worry too much what others are doing and not enough of what ourselves are doing!!!!!!!!!!

10# Hunter