PDA

View Full Version : Sat. June 27th Report

CaptainKenLee
06-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Today I had the pleasure of fishing with John, Eric and Dillon. We started our half-day trip around 5:45 this morning and headed out to do some jigging. Again, we were pitching 1/4 oz. chartreuse jigs tipped with just a 2 inch piece of night crawler. With the water temperature around 75 degrees again the fish wanted a good snap on the jig to get their attention, and that's what seems to be triggering them lately. Both Eric and Dillon had fish on with their first cast of the jig and I thought this was going to be another great day like this past Monday. The fish bit really good for the first three hours of our trip, but the last two hours was tough to say the least. Seems like when the wind started swirling around the fish shut off. We did manage 14 nice walleyes for their family fish fry though. We tried to get that last one for their limit, but the fish just didn't cooperate. We must have let 20 to 30 undersized fish go, and we had a couple of sheepshead too. Overall, not a bad half day trip. With family members coming up today, I hope the fish continue to be on the bite, it's been pretty good lately. Here's a picture of today's catch, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

hook em and cook em
06-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Ken, are you fishing big bay de noc, or little bay de noc?

CaptainKenLee
06-28-2009, 08:19 AM
We were fishing Little Bay, you don't see numbers of fish in Big Bay and you definitely won't see fish that size on Big Bay. In almost 20 years of fishing Big Bay my brother and I have never caught a walleye smaller than 19 inches. I do have some buddies that have actually caught a few small fish in the past couple of years, but they are not the norm on Big Bay.