PDA

View Full Version : Sun Morn 6-28

RudyG
06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Sun AM 28 June 09; First trip out in a few weeks.

Headed out of Esky Harbor about 6:15
Trolled Harnesses in 10-15 FOW 1.0-1.6 SOG.
Little wind, but starting to pick up out of the west. water Temps 71.5.

First hit about 7 AM.. A nice Eye Which I Lost... right behind the boat...:mad: another hit about 15 min later, gone by the time I picked it up...
Started thinking it would be one of those days.. then about 7:45 hooked and landed a nice 18" and as I was putting it in the cooler, another bit... about 16.. then another miss.
Wind was picking up now and boat control was getting difficult.
decided to turn and get one more pass through there.
It was worth it.. nailed a nice 20" just as I went through the same spot.
Since it was now 9, the wind was gusting to 20MPH+ out of the west, and keeping my speed down in the wind would have meant deploying the Bag.. I decided to head in with my 3 fish.

Harnesses, "I think they are I-42???", w/whole crawlers worked for me with 4 hits on the red/black and two on the Blue/Black. Nuttin on the silver wollow blade.

Kevin Lee
06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
That's a pretty good couple hours if you ask me. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the report.

RudyG
06-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Kevin, Thanks, I agree it was a real good morn. a little like work at times with the boat but.... sure sant kick about the action or the weather.

Went back to the same local tonight and just couldnt set the hook on them! Lost track of the misses, really.. too many missed fish to count.... and lost the first three fish.. one right at the boat as I was horsing it. Busted my harness:o Then hooked a real nice one and ended up with a double .. landed the 21" and the other came up just short.. "14.5"

Another good time tho.. easier fishing tonight as the wind was a little more SW.. and not as strong. a couple raindrops but no downpours. Nice rainbow too! "In the sky that is.. not in the boat..LOL:rolleyes: