PDA

View Full Version : 7/02 Evening

RudyG
07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Headed out of Esky River about 7 PM this time had a friend along
Trolled Harnesses in 10-15 FOW 0.8-2.0 SOG.
North wind, 10MPH with gusts : water Temps 52.3 where I had 72 on Sunday

Notta... nuttin.. spotting them but no fish bit.

About 9:30 headed into the river mouth and got a hit on a Chart. rap..
in 25 FOW .. temp there was 62 .. He had it on for about 15 secs.

That was it.. again spottin em but no takers but the one. Big fat 0 for the night. North wind was cold but when we got in by the river it was a little nicer.

Oh well ..guessed wrong tonight. I had my doubts when I saw the H2O temp .. guess I was right.

weekend jimmy
07-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I was out north of Gladstone tonight. I had the same thing big fat ZERO!!! I was drifting harnesses and floating jigs with bouncers. I had one hit but no takers. I fished various depths. I also tried some cranks in the shallows. still nothin. Something was hatching out there. The sea gulls were having a field day with it. Mayflies I think. Not too bad of a night on the water other wise. The fish I marked were tight to the bottom in about 25-27 fow.

fonzypoo
07-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Thats to bad,i was thinking with the lower temps. more fish would be biting. I heard the best action comes before temps hit 70 as far as walleyes goes. I hear if your jiging a little bigger snap-jig will help. But the trolling game is as you know a whole new ball game for me. I noticed (if walleyes are what your going for) Orange with some dark green gets their attention. But the north wind probly cant help, the bite seems to come with a south wind. I guess in the words of some wise man "better luck next time".. Best of luck to all you guys out there and hey safty first!! Those winds can sneak up on you out there!!!