PDA

View Full Version : Some more Esky River eyes

The Bait Shop Guy
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I took Gary Tackman (DOOFIGHTER,) and his son Charlie out last night to do some fun walleye fishing on the Escanaba River. We started fishing just after 8 O'clock, and Charlie had the first fish on before his dad even got a line in the water! We ended up landing around 36 walleyes and a couple smallmouth and rockbass. Of those, 3 were keeper walleyes up to 20 inches, and we lost a couple more fish that would have been keepers. All the fish were caught trolling small Rebel Crayfish and #6 Husky Jerks. They said Charlie caught more walleyes this one trip in my boat, than on all the trips on his dads boat! I commented that his dads boat will catch more salmon than mine ever will, so it's a wash!

Anyway, we had a good time on the river. The crew of "SeeSwell" is welcome aboard "MY FIX" anytime. Here's a pic of the guys with the first of many doubles this trip.

DooFighter
07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Thank you for the fun time, Chris. We both had a grand time and it was a beautiful night, too.

River Rat
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I too was out there that night thanks to the information Chris posted here. We too caught 20 some walleye with only 1 keeper at 17 inches. My two boys had a blast catching fish. Thanks again for the great information on this sight. Only being in town for a few days it was great to catch some walleye.