PDA

View Full Version : Question about hi-fin trophy diver lures

fish N ski
07-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I recently purchased and received a couple of hi-fin trophy divers 13" jointed lures. There is a screw about 3" from the front of the lure in the belly. Looks like a "set" screw. Does anyone know what that is for. Thanks-

Polish_Pike
07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I think it's a plug for the rattle chamber. The metal set screw probably adds a little extra belly weight too so it runs true in a high-speed troll.

toothyfishman
07-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Post this on Larry Jones site, he's all about those lures.
I'm sure he can tell you all about them.

Myself ,I haven't ever run them, my fishing partner has a few of them but he hasn't run them out of my boat. They look good.
I'm just not into the metal lip lures unless it's on the back and requires a "jerk" to run it................

Larry Jones
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Matt, The hole you see on the belly of the Hi-Fin closer to the head of the crankbait front body piece is for a screw in JB Weight.With a JB Weight you can go deeper or faster with the Jtd Hi-Fin Trophy Diver Jtd 13".The best action using the Hi-Fin Trophy Diver Jtd 13" has been by using a large cross-lok snap and connecting both split rings one that one snap at the end of your leader.Then run at 3.5 mph with 100 ft of 80 lb test Power Pro to get down 20 feet or 2 1/4 colors of 45 lb Mason Leadcore Line to get the same depth.This is a Big Fish Crankbait,it moves lots of water and is a big target,many big girls have been caught on them.

fish N ski
07-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I never had any so I figured I would invest in a few for Kinzua. Thanks for the info.