PDA

View Full Version : Cedar River 7-16-09

Double Tap
07-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Headed out for my first trip of the season-three generations on board; My Dad and my 9 year old son Bryce. Got out to about 80 FOW at 6:00am. Water 62degrees. Landed two salmon within 45 minutes; one on full core Flounder Pounder and the other on a Dipsey diver with a chartreuse/silver spoon. Started getting a little rough with complaints of motion sickness so headed back toward CR. In 50 FOW @60degrees; caught this one-a 20.5 lber on a downrigger set at 40' with Moody Blue spoon. Bryce reeled him in all the way without assistance. Great way to end a shortened trip-off the water at 8:30. The big one had no less than 10 alewife inside of it. Sounds like the weather is gonna be turning colder so that will probably change everything. Good luck to all.

Double Tap
07-16-2009, 11:07 PM
For for Five tonight in the same area. Two on Flounder Pounder on full cores. Three other boats out there had a combined total of two fish. I am considering myself luck compared to last year. So far for the season; under 6 hours on the water and 7 fish. Hope the trend continues.