PDA

View Full Version : Pymatuning?

Noah Clarke
07-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi....
I am looking to try some new musky waters this season. I live in Canada and found out that pymatuning is only 3 hrs from me. I would like to try it this summer if possible. Any fishing tips or other info regarding launches is appreciated...thanks

Oh yeah and does anyone know where to get a goo map of the lake?

muskie52
07-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I was there just last weekend. There is a bait store called Poff's which is where I got a Fishing Hot Spot's map. It's a very good map.....alot of detail. Poff's is on RT 285 just east of the lake.

The lake has a 20hp restriction. It kinda stinks, but it keeps the water skiers and jet skiers away. Luckilly there are over 20 launches around the lake (the Hot Spot map shows them all)....so you can usually put the boat in close to where you want to fish.

When I was there last weekend, I only fished 2 mornings for about 6 hours total. Saw three fish and boated one.....all of the action was on bucktails. We fished the southern portion of the lake (it was close to camp), but you really can't go wrong anywhere. There are stumpfields in the northern part, and scattered weedbeds throughout the lake. The lake is relatively shallow and stained. From what I hear, locals mainly troll....but all of our action came from casting. We did troll between spots, but that was mainly due to the HP restriction and my brother's boat top speed (w/ 10 hp kicker) was only 6mph.

Good luck if you decide to go...and post a report when you get back!

Tony