PDA

View Full Version : Line

ryanmitchell
07-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I have 65 and 80lb Power Pro on 2 Curados right now. The PP has worked fine. It frays a little, but overall it has held up. I have not had many skis (a few decent pike) on the line to test its fishing handling strength. I would like to replace the line soon. What line is everyone using right now, and what size?

Power Pro
Spiderwire
Cortland (what is the difference between Spectron and MasterBraid)
Tuf Line

Another brand?

Color make a difference? I think i have the greyish green color.

Ty Sennett
07-28-2009, 06:39 AM
I don't kknow if color makes much of a difference on stained lakes but maybe on clear lakes. Corland makes a blue line also. The Masterbraid is the new improved Spectron. Spectron is no longer in production. If you find Spectron at a store it is old inventory, which is still good. I like the old and the new Cortland. Not much difference to me.

dfkiii
07-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Hey Ryan,

For what it's worth, I switched from 80# PowerPro to 80# bronzeback Masterbraid this year and I'm very pleased with the Materbraid. PowerPro treated me well in the past but for castability and avoiding green stains on hands/clothes/etc., I'm sticking with Masterbraid.

Good luck,

Dan

AWH
08-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I started using Cortland Masterbraid a couple years ago and it's now going on all of my reels. Definitely the best line I've used. A Cortland rep told me that they are still making the Black Spot Spectron. But the Green Spectron is now being sold as Masterbraid. He said the line is the same, that it's a name change only.

The difference between Masterbraid and the Black Spot Spectron as it was told to me is - Masterbraid has added a fiber tech protection treatment. This treatment penetrates the entire braid so that the braid is treated inside and out protecting it from all elements to last longer.

Aaron

Ty Sennett
08-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I like the Masterbraid a lot more. It is so smooth. I can't stand the loudness of Powerpro through your guides. Thanks for the info Aaron. If anyone needs some I think Aaron has some at his online site. Check it out.