PDA

View Full Version : Cold--Windy--slow morning!

CaptainKenLee
08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Today I had Warren, Iyan (sorry if I mis-spelled it), and young Andy on board. It was a very chilly and windy morning on the bay. We started out drifting a weedline where I figured yesterday's wind might have a bunch of fish piled up...I was wrong! We caught some undersized fish, but no keepers, so it was off to the north end to troll some Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses where we've been doing o.k. recently. It didn't take long for me to notice that the fish definitely weren't in an aggressive feeding mood. We only had time to fish two spots up north, and the strong west wind made boat control a nightmare. We managed to land 6 keepers, lost a few nicer fish, and released several undersized walleyes. Capt. Keith has a new spinner out, and it did the trick today as most of our keepers came on the new color. I don't have the number of it yet, but I'll try to post it with tomorrow's results. I-62 caught several fish as well as I-42. It's starting to look like we might not get much of a summer this year, these cold nights are really holding the water temperature down, meaning the fish just aren't as active as they normally would be this time of year. Here's today's catch, enough for their family meal tonight back in Wausau, Wi. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.