PDA

View Full Version : Boat Control?

cries
08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I have heard mention on this site that boat control is key to catching fish on the Chip. I am new to Musky fishing and have never fished this water. We have our 1st trip planned for the end of August. Regarding boat control, are we talking about just a quiet approach/not coming in too fast or is there more to it? Direction on approach to the spot? Position for long range cast? Come in close to shore and cast out to deeper water? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I will be running a 24ft Pontoon w/bow mounted troller.

Ray Perry
08-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I think they are talking about the edges. Doesn't matter if it's casting to the edge of the bars, weeds, or rocks. It's just a matter of putting yourself in a position to make casts into good structure. At least thats my two cents worth.

The best bet is to take a good guide out and watch him. I've taken Ty out a few times and he know how to handle a boat as well as anyone.

Razor

Ty Sennett
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Razor is right one. You want to position yourself for long casts to the structure where the fish is holding whether it be rocks, weeds, thick weeds, or scattered weeds. Basically you want to have a feel for where the fish is going to be located and try to keep the boat off the fish.