PDA

View Full Version : Skunk out of the boat

Cold Front
08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I fished Forest Lake (MN) tonite. First time I've ever been there, got to the ramp @ 6:00, turned in the GPS took a look at the Navionics map, picked a spot and started casting a suick. Boated a 41 at 6:21 and had a bigger one on for a couple seconds right at the boat but couldn't close that deal. Karma is changing that's the first fish I've caught since June'07, there's been several in my boat since then but none by me. Can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to get that skunk outta the boat.

Cold Front

Musky Chuck
08-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Congratulations!! Muskies are like home runs, they come in bunches! Confidence is a huge part of the deal, only one cast away from a fish. One fish (ONE CAST) can turn a bad outing into a good one, and any time on the water beats being at work.

RobertTB
08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Yay ! Glad to hear you got the monkey off yer back, Cold Front. Congrats. Feels good, don't it ? Like Chuck suggested, hopefully you'll start getting a bunch now.

I actually managed to boat one this year too. A 34" on a Suick not far from R&R. Then I blew one on the most feeble "hookset" of all time on the same Suick down in Chief. Then I just flat out lost one on a slack line in Tyner..that one was a 40 incher. Sigh. Oh well...hits lead to catches one of these days I reckon. Now if I could just get one out of Ty's boat.

Again, congrats !

Ty Sennett
08-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Now you can come back to the Chip and get some fish. I haven't seen your boat flying by lately. Congrats.