PDA

View Full Version : Sat. August 8th Report

CaptainKenLee
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Gotta make this a quick report, need some shut-eye before tomorrow morning. We couldn't get out this morning because of the storms and strong winds, so we made today's trip an afternoon adventure. We still had a little bit more wind than I'd have liked, but we didn't mind because the fish were biting great. The only bad thing was that out of at least 50 walleyes caught today, we only managed 6 keepers and a couple of eater perch. Tons and tons of throwbacks today. All fish were caught pitching 1/4 oz. jigs and crawler halves. We had to put up with some doofus traffic too messing it up a bit, but that's expected on the weekends. Overall we had a very fun day on the water. Here's today's catch, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

The Bait Shop Guy
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Sounds like fun, Ken. Are you using basic round head jigs, or going with something a little more weedless?

CaptainKenLee
08-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Straight 1/4 oz. round head jigs that I make at home in my "spare" time. Pour em'...powder paint em'...bake em'...and they're good forever...or until a northern bites you off!!! See ya Tues. night...