PDA

View Full Version : Hometown Boys with Southern Muskies

Red Childress
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Here are some Virginia muskies caught by my hometown friends on the New River.........These guys have had 8-10 fish days casting on the New....kinda reminds me of the Middle Allegheny River.

musky punch
09-30-2009, 09:35 PM
This is a little late, but I just saw this. Red - where were these guys fishing on the New? I go to school down here, don't have a boat or nothing, but go small mouth fishing when my workload isn't so bad (usually ever isn't). I'm just curious if this is the Whitethorne area of the New. I seen a couple guys thrownin reef hawgs while I was out wading this past summer. Anymore information would be helpful! Maybe I'll have to bring my musky gear this coming spring...

Thanks,

MP

Red Childress
10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Yep, those are from the New. I am not sure which section they were fishing.

vakeith
10-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Who ever those boys are dont tell much but whitethorne holds more musky than anywhere on the river....Red didn't know if you had heard but Don Newberry died Tuesday Thought I would let you know

Keith

musky punch
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah, Whitethorne is a very nice section of the river. I wish I had some cash laying around. I would buy a little jon boat with a cheapo trolling motor and musky fish all weekend.. I'm actually going to the New this afternoon for some hopeful smallie action..