PDA

View Full Version : Wed. Sept. 2nd Report

CaptainKenLee
09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Yesterday was a short 5 hr. trip with Matt, Tim and Mickey from lower Michigan. We got on the water around 5 p.m. and started trolling Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses in 20 to 24 feet of water over some rock piles and almost immediately got into the fish. We used both in-line weights on boards and bottom bouncers over the side of the boat and both methods worked. On our first short pass over the structure we had 4 nice fish in the first 20 minutes. I would have to say that I-51 was by far the best color, but we also caught a few on C-5. All nice quality fish yesterday. We did pick up a few on crankbaits once the sun went down. We had time to try a couple of night spots before our time was up and we caught fish at each location. I thought the fish would have been on fire with the way the wind was blowing, but they were actually kind of sluggish where we fished. Here's some pictures of our trip, we'll be back out there this afternoon chasing some toothy critters and maybe doing some more walleye fishing. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

gottafish
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe it is because their is so many charter fisherman pounding that spot after dark!!!!

The Bait Shop Guy
09-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Far more "regular" fishermen out there night after night, then there are charter boats.

peanutbutter soup
09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
nice basket of fish! thanks for the info on what harnesses you were using. any hint on the area? please. if you don't want to post it for all to see, send me an email...jkbutler99@yahoo.com....any info would be a huge help...it's been a bit of a struggle to get fish this year. i don't know.
by the way..chris is right, regular fishermaen take way more fish than charter captains.....so lighten up gottafish.