View Full Version : Check out the 61 from Ontario

Red Childress
09-16-2009, 07:08 AM
http://www.muskyhunter.com/forums/generalforum/293.html

toothyfishman
09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
OH, BOY................

I gotta build a longer bump board!

WOW! Great story too. That is a heck of a casting fish, I'm sure they had their hands full.

R Findlan
09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
That is quite a fish. That's funny you would say that about a bumpboard. I had Muskie Bumper make me a custom board that I picked up at the Columbus show last February that was 66" long just in case I was to run into a fish like that. I would take a picture of the fish on it so people wouldn't think I was crazy. The only bad thing about the board is that even nice fish look very small on it.

Reed

Ivan
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I just saw that pic yesterday and immediately said that if I ever get one pushing 60", I will take a pic on my bump board.

Red Childress
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM
You(we) would ABSOLUTELY have to do that OR be left wide open for criticism. Sometimes it is much easier to just post the photo without any measurements, IMO.

muskie52
09-17-2009, 02:11 AM
What a fish! It's such a shame that some internet "experts" always have to say something negative....instead of just congratulating the guy! They think that by looking at a picture they know the length better than the guy who measured it!
If I would ever catch something like that, I would get a picture of it on a bump board and of me holding it. I would only post the pic of me holding it at first. I would let the "experts" come on and tell me what the actual length was.....then I would post the pic on the bump board and tell them all to pound sand!

Tony

Red Childress
09-17-2009, 08:24 AM
If you really want to see what happens to a big fish posted on the internet, just check out a thread on "another site" titled, "Garrett King Fish".........

I feel badly for he and his buddy as long as that fish is a legit 61.