PDA

View Full Version : Friday Sept. 25th report!

CaptainKenLee
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Well...you don't think about some things when people call to book a charter. Jack and Steve from the Chicago area booked Friday's trip long ago and it sure didn't occur to me that it just happened to be my anniversary. I didn't get in trouble...I did get to take the wife out yesterday afternoon for a movie and dinner, so that got me off the hook (no pun intended). Jack is 86 and I'm sure glad he was in the boat because he had the hot hand. Steve and I each caught some fish too, but Jack won the trophy for most fish. We just fished a 1/2 day drifting the breaklines again with floating jig heads tipped with crawler halves. The later it got in the afternoon I thought the fish would really light up, but it was the exact opposite. Instead of the fish biting harder, they started biting really light and we all missed several fish right at prime time. The guys headed back to their room before I could snap a picture of them, so Kevin got a quick pic of me with their fish. It sure is a fun way to fish, and effective too when it's too rough to troll or pitch jigs. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area. We had to come in early today due to weather and cancel tomorrow's trip as well, so we'll be off the water for a few days. It doesn't bother me with winds forecast to blow 25 to 35 mph the next couple of days.