PDA

View Full Version : Report for last few days

Ty Sennett
10-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Slow and slow. I lost a big fish yesterday and we've seen a few each day but it seems I should have practiced what I preached. I did a mini seminar Thursday night for muskies inc and said the fish should be hitting bulldawgs for the tournament the last few days. I waited until yesterday at four in the afternoon to break one out and lost a big fish right away. The person leading the tournament is Brent Hirsch. The son of Fred Hirsch(Ghosttail company owner). He caught a 48 and a 45 on Bulldawg knockoffs. I guess maybe today I might throw a Bulldawg more.

Water temps were low fifty degrees to mid fifty.

RossL
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Ty,

What type of retrieve do you typically use with the bulldawgs? Any color recommendations also? I will be coming up next week and want to pick up a couple to try out.

Thanks!

Paul
10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
My luck I get hurricane like conditions the day I had you scheduled! Curious, how many times have you ever had to cancel before? I was in Hillman's at 10 a.m. and Lonnie (super nice guy) said "Ty never cancels" lol (I'm glad you did) would've been dangerous not to mention miserable. I still want a shirt, I'll send a check. We're coming back May 22-29th. Would love two half days Monday and Tuesday please if possible. Congrats on the 2nd place finish!!

Ty Sennett
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Rossl, I've done well with every color from all black to white with a chartruse tail. Usually the brighter the day the brighter the color though. For retrieves, try working it like you would a Suick or slower in cold water.

Paul, I couldn't believe that wind. I can't remember the last time I canceled for that. Call me in December to set something up for next May. I'd be happy to get you back out there on some walleyes.