PDA

View Full Version : October 6th Report- Big Fish!!!

Ty Sennett
10-07-2009, 07:11 AM
We started out the day with a bang yesterday. Right when we dropped the suckers over the side of the boat one grabbed the deep sucker. Thankfully we lost that one because about twenty yards down the shoreline Dick Palmquist boated a 50 inch fish in about a foot of water. We probably wouldn't have caught that one if we were netting and drifting with the first fish. He caught the fish on a Bulldawg on about the first twitch. We had one more grab a sucker in the morning but drop it. I had Rachel's uncle Gary out and his friend Dan for a couple hours. Gary caught a 36 inch fish on a Big Game twitchbait right at the boat. Here are some pics of some fish on a miserable rainy day:

Ty

muskymeyer
10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Super fish Ty. Many many congrats.

Corey Meyer

Snizz
10-07-2009, 08:41 AM
took that fish long enough to eat! great catch!

Trav
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Nice fish, and sitting so shallow too, can't be much more than a few inches covering it.

So how do you work the Bulldawgs when it gets cold? Is it a slow twitch and let it sink, or do you quickly twitch it back like a Big Game? I've never had much luck with Bulldawgs myself, but rarely use them either.

Trav

Oops, now I see you answered this question on another thread.

twells
10-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Holly Fat Fish!!!! Thank fish has a tank on it. Congrat's on that one. Didn't you say a year or two ago that Bulldawgs don't do much out there. I geuss you are proving that wrong with some big fish with those recently. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

jkahler
10-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Awesome fish, good job!

I hate throwing rubber stuff. Maybe I'll have to rethink that.

bigbronc23
10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Looks like the fishing kept up for you Ty! Congrats and hope it stays that way! Since I didn't have any luck at the tournament this weekend I'm taking the day off tomorrow and hitting Lake Wissota... hopefully I'll have better luck! Hope the bottle of whiskey's treating you and Rachel well too! haha, thanks again for the shirt!

Alex Hamm

Chris Englund
10-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice Fish Mayor! Guess on the weight?

Chris

Ty Sennett
10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Chris, not sure on the weight. Thirty some pounds probably.

Twells, Cowgirls never used to work out here either and the last two years they started hitting those. As good as the Bulldawg pattern is right now it could die off today. That's the frustrating thing about the Chip but the thing that I like. It's always a challenge.

twells
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Either way it is a great fat fish. Good luck the rest of the season.

pikldik
10-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Ty, We just got home tonight and was finally able to see your pictures. What a great fish and what a great time regardless of the rain. Thanks again.

Dick

and Ty didn't have to fish me out of the water this time.