PDA

View Full Version : salmon

Mikew2009
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Has anybody heard if the salmon are in the ford or escanaba rivers yet???Have caught a few down here on the menominee river.. would like to fish them next weekend if they are in up there.

The Bait Shop Guy
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
They finally turned on one of the turbines on the Escanaba River dam. That concentrates the fish, and makes them a little easier to catch. We've been catching a few down there, but it's not near as good as years past. The warm, dry September really messed things up.

I've been down to the Ford three different times this fall and have not seen a fish yet. This last rain we had may have finally pulled some fish in there.

I can understand there not being many fish in the rivers because of the low flows and warm temps, but the guys pulling cranks out in the lake for walleyes didn't run into many fish - and there were more people than usual out in September.

Weird.

sho
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Saw a lot of guys down there last night late ... any word?

camo
10-10-2009, 04:17 PM
My dad and I fished from about 6:45 am to 8:00 am this morning. No hits and never saw any fish jump or even roll. Nobody else was down there this morning.

Mikew2009
10-10-2009, 06:09 PM
where were you fishing? menominee or esky? got one salmon here on the menominee wednesday evening.