PDA

View Full Version : Mine pond access?

The Bait Shop Guy
10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Just checking to see if anyone knows if the new ramps are complete in the Groveland Mine ponds? I got an email a week or two ago with some pics showing the ramps were in, but the landings weren't complete and open for use. Any updates?

The Bait Shop Guy
10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Talked to someone in the DNR today. They said the accesses aren't done, and are not supposed to be done until the end of the month. They weren't sure if you could still get back to use the old launches still.

imlint
10-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Paid a vist to the ponds this AM. Landings are in but not useable as they need to do some graveling and finish off the parking spots. Talked to a couple of workers and one said they would be done by end of Nov. Other guy said maybe.
They have moved a lot of rock. Had a blaster come in dynomite around 900 yds of outcrop etc. Areas will have toilet pits and they have done a lot of erosion control work. Looks like a long way to go yet but the landings will be top notch. Still small boat use. May have to go by a 16 ft'er with an electric motor.
Road in off of 95 was in a lot better shape than the past.
Dave

YooperTroll
10-18-2009, 10:12 AM
chris:

i was the guy who stopped in yesterday morning (sat) buying bait to go out to the mine ponds. the fishing yesterday SUCKED. it was the first time i've gone out there and not even gotten a single bite.

yeah, we were fishing from shore--but i've cleaned up there from shore pretty regularly. we fished deep, shallow. nothing. nada.

about a month ago we did pretty well...it almost seems like it got too cold too fast or something.

The Bait Shop Guy
10-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that. Like you said, it probably has cooled down fast and has pushed those fish further off shore. We've done well in the last few years in October, but we were mostly fishing for largemouth and muskies.

YooperTroll
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
my neighbor got skunked on shag lake sunday (a lake he knows really well and does well on), so i guess it was an overall a crappy weekend for fishing.