PDA

View Full Version : PMTT World Finals...you guys see this!

toothyfishman
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
This is awesome!!! Power to the little people!!!!
Maybe my little guy is big enough to start fishing it now!

Absolutely Priceless!!! The words that best describes the finish of the 2009 season for the #1 musky tournament circuit in the country, PMTT – Ranger Boats World Championship. Gary Lehnherr and his 7 year old son Carson were absolutely dialed in and completely untouchable during this event. While leading after the first day with a double, they went out and repeated with another double on day two, to out distance the other 46 teams by a long way. They caught four fish in all and not only will they carry the coveted title of 2009 PMTT World Champions, but they also won a brand new 2010 Ranger Boat 619 Fishermen, Rangertrail Trailer and Mercury powered Opti Max for first place valued at around $40,000.

As they trolled crank baits and spoon plugs off the deep breaklines and in the 18 to 22 foot range at about 4mph, they tried to keep the baits as close to bottom as possible even making contact with the bottom as they trolled. When a fish would hit, Carson reeled them in while his dad Gary handled the net. Keyes Outdoors TV Show captured the winning fish and all the excitement on film as they hooked up with the final fish while conducting an interview with them. Absolutely priceless watching this 7 year old crank in the fish and his dad putting the net under the $40,000 fish.

There were a total of 26 fish caught during the two day event, with a variety of techniques and presentations that worked. We will have complete details and results up shortly.

Follow link to see final results http://www.promusky.com/results/2009/09RWC.htm

Joe M
10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
That is awesome!! Very cool to see. I think he should get the Young Gun award also... My daughter turns one on the 30th. I am praying that in 10 years she wants to go fishing with daddy!! She loves watching hunting and always points at the 3 bucks I got mounted on the wall.