PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Biters

Anzomcik
10-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Got two of these little guys saturday, and a 30 inch pike. The one in the pic was 24 inch, the other one was 28 inch could not get a photo. It is hard to get good pics when your alone in a boat and the 28 inch musky flopped out of my hands before the camera could snap the pic. All the fish hit a 6 inch suzy sucker with bottom treble removed and worked like a jig on the bottom.http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/anzomcik/1017091734.jpg

Red Childress
10-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Looks like a little depression below the head.........Is that a fish outline in its' stomach at the tip of your fingers? Looks like he might have just had a meal........

I like that idea of taking off the belly treble or even quick striking a wire off that bottom hook hanger and putting a treble near the top of the tail....might have to give that one a try.

Anzomcik
10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
It did have a fat spot in the stomach, but there was the weird bump on its back. I could not be sure if it was the last meal or deformed, or maybe growing in to its body. That little guy was a rocket in the water, he had me running all over my boat

With the treble hook off the bottom of the bait it is for the most part weedless i throw them in the wood and bounce off bottom. You need a fast strong hook set because so much plastic in there mouth you have to move it throught their teeth and you got one hook. Hooking percentage goes down but on saturday i was three for three, perfect through the top of there mouth, one little hole.

I also pull the treble off of suzy spin, and some times the 9 inch suzy sucker if i think a big boy is hiding in places trebles can not go.