PDA

View Full Version : Little suzy does it again

Anzomcik
10-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Went out fishing last night and after useing my normal baits for the area i put my 6 inch suzy sucker and nailed this healthy pike. Short time later Tim caught a nice musky about the same size as my pike. At the end of the night we only had the pike and musky in the baot with Tim haveing one fish flsh at his jake, and i had another decent hit that put the hurts to suzy, i had to play surgen last night with the glue.http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/anzomcik/1020091730.jpg

Red Childress
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Nice fish!

RiverRunt
10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Wow! I'd say REAL nice fish.

jah1317
10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I stripped my little suzy of her trebles last year... no luck on it yet, not a confidence bait for me but then again it produced for you it could for me. I was letting mine settle to the bottom then giving a few short rips only way I could really get the tail to thump.

Jacob

Red Childress
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
You can cut/melt notches in the area forward of the tail to allow more action with a lessened retrieve then plant your stinger on that section so the action is not diminished.......I have done this with big Shad bodies and it makes a world of difference. If the tail gets ripped off, just glue/melt another rubber piece onto the body.......It could be a twister tail/reaper tail or the tail from a big shad body that did not cost 20 bucks!....... It really does not matter, IMO.

cband
10-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Cut or Melt...I just take a bite out of the area. You can save the pieces for fixing other swimbaits.

Anzomcik
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
What itried was cut the top 3/8 inch of the tail off. Hoping to have it do more side to side than the water pushing the tail down like a dog with tail between its legs. Did not seem to make much difference but the cold water makes the plastic not a actionable.

For my little suzy let it hit bottom and one or two hard pumps on the reel, let it settle or reel in slow then pump again. I use almost no rod action just let the reel do the work. So far with two trips using little suzy two muskies and two pike