PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 7 & 8 Weekend Report

Fishoil
11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
We made our first trip up this weekend and managed to find some fish. Saturday we boated 11 walleyes and 5 northerns. We had two 7lb and two 9lb walleyes that went back in after getting their pictures taken. The biggest northern was right at 9lbs. Sunday (today) didn't go so well. With the bluebird skies and flat calm waters we never even saw a walleye, but we did land a nice 6lb smallmouth.

All of the fish were caught on the breaks between Gladstone and Escanaba. We fished both the east and west sides and tried to stay in 28'-32' of water, but we did catch a couple suspended over deeper water. We were running 3 colors of lead and caught fish on AJ's in purple prism and firetiger, Bombers in perch, and DJ's in purple prism and another one that I painted myself.

Once again my daughter caught the biggest fish of the trip, she had a 9lb 4oz walleye that came shortly after dark. Most of our fish were caught during daylight hours. We only stayed out about two hours after dark Saturday, but it was worth a couple of fish and the biggest one. Hopefully I'll be back up the next few weekends to try again if the weather cooperates. Good Luck everybody!!

The Bait Shop Guy
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Glad to hear you got on them - during the day no less! Let's see a picture of "the girls" together. You can email them to me, and I'll put them up for you if you want baitshop2@chartermi.net

Reports over the past week have been steadily improving. Of course it helps that this was the first week where we've seen any numbers of fishermen. It's still slower than it should be for this time of year, but it's MUCH better than it's been! We saw and heard of several large fish taken this weekend. I had a 31 inch, 12 pounder brought into the shop Saturday morning. That one was caught in the upper bay on a Tutti Frutti Reef Runner, (should have some pics and a report from that crew later in the week.) Diane had a 12 pound 9 ounce fish brought in today, (no other details on that fish.) A lot of people said speed was a big factor. SLOW is key.

How did everyone else do this weekend?

jerkbait
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I've been running 1.5-1.6 did ok last weekend with a couple nice slot fish. However caught a skunk on sunday and am gonna try again this afternoon. Am I in the speed zone or not faster slower seems like the reef runners dont wobble much slower than 1.5...

thanks jerkbait

The Bait Shop Guy
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Steve's (Fishoil,) crew and some of their fish from the weekend.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
And a couple more.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Here's Tom Mohr's report and some pics from last weekend.

Hi Chris and Diane,
Here are a couple of pics from last weekend on the bay. The south winds on
Friday night produced the most fish for us. The color didn't matter, but
the big one came on the new Tutti Frutti Barely Naked Reef Runner. The new
Paralyzer also produced, as did the Blueberry Muffin.
My son's fish was 31" and weighed in at 12# 2ozs.
We probably picked up 10 fish on Friday, and things slowed a little as the
winds died the next few days. This was the first year that we caught
northern.
We did pick up a few fish on red tails, but mostly cranks.

See you next year.
Tom