PDA

View Full Version : Sun morn. and Mon. Eve.

jerkbait
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Fished Sun. morning and couldnt find the fish tryed east bank tryed center reef tryed days river bank and north of the point. Went back to the point on the east bank and found the fish not sure what they were maybe white fish maybe walleyes but they were thick from 40-50 down on the bottom. Ended up with a big skunk for the day... Then fished monday eve. and went 1 for 1 with lots of weeds fouling up lines and boards... The one we landed was a beautiful 27.75 inch female didnt get a weight. but guessed maybe 8-9lbs. Hopefully I'll get back out there again Thurs. morning.

Hopefully we can get some more fish posts and less restaraunt reviews...

jerkbait

Fishoil
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I noticed all the weeds on Sunday also, any idea where they came from? My guess is the south wind of Saturday pushed water to the north end of the bay and it was coming back south on Sunday and carrying the weeds with it. Anyone know if I'm even close?

Also, where's the best place for a good supper? LOL

jerkbait
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Fished Thurs morn. from 730-11am waters were glassy all morning till 1030 when the wind kicked up and turned the calm waters into 3'ers.
Ended up with one fish on the east bank. The first undersize walleye Ive caught in a long time. It was 14" and didnt even pull drag. Noticed a board running goofy and then saw something surface about 200' behind the board thought it was the lure fouled up with weeds but it was a hungry lil walleye trying to eat my mann's stretch 15.

Slowed the speeds down to 1.2-1.6 but didnt seem to matter cus the fish were suspended 2-5' off bottom in 35-45'. Put the lures as deep as I could with no lead prolly runin 24-28' down.

Got soaked on the way back up the channel to kipling I hate turning west in a south wind. froze our bags off.

good luck and stay safe out there.
jerkbait