PDA

View Full Version : eyez after dark

jerkbait
11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I have only caught a couple fish in the evenings and both have been right around or shortly after sundown. My question is, Is anyboday doing well after an hour of darkness or are the fish cooling off after sundown. My other question is with the current new moon conditions is it even worth fishing after dark with the fish having no moon light to sillouette the cranks with. Oh and if anyone has been having success has it been for suspended fish off the break or fish hunting up in the shallows 10' or less?

thanks guys
jerkbait

jerkbait
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey guys guess I answered my own question about fishing after dark during a new moon. Got skunked marked lots of fish on east bank north of hunters point in 35-50' of water but didnt get any takers. I also fished both 1st and
2nd reefs shortly as my first choice, didnt mark much there so I moved across to the east bank. There were around 5-7 boats most on the reefs a couple in the basin and a couple at the north end. Still lots of debris floating up there what a pain in the ___!

If anyone else was out there sun. night let me know how you did.

thanks
jerkbait

Lund21
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey jerkbait-

I got 5 last night. 2 right at dark and the other 3 well after. I will take a cloudy night or night without moon any day (just my preference).

Last night probably had to do more with flat calm conditions...Nice to fish in, but usually not a good sign for a good bite.

Good luck

sho
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure if Lund21 will get on here ... but all we did tonight was burn gas and lose feeling in various body parts. Fished the North end pulling leadcore and cranks in 30+ ft of water around sunset and moved to center reef where all we did was make sure the lures were good and clean. Seemed like everyone in the upper bay started moving out around 9:00PM and wasn't long after that we called it a night.

Marked plenty of fish but they must not have been hungry

warrior tiller
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
coming up 18-21 any color pattern,depth better than others.in the past best time usually rite at dark and next 2 hours after.but also catch them later.bring on the piggies!see ya out there, warrior.

Fishoil
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
PP AJ's on 3 colors in 28'-30' were very good for us this past Saturday. I wouldn't go out without a couple day or night.

rambler
11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
What is PP AJ's?

Fishoil
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Purple Prism Storm Thunderstick in the original AJ series. That's the one with 3 hooks and short bill, only runs about 3'-6' without the leadcore.