PDA

View Full Version : From shore Walleye

fonzypoo
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey,
Everyone ready for hunting season and ice fishing? I was wondering If anyone knows where to find the walleyes from shore? I'm going try out by the water plant in esky tonight i hope. The Escanaba River has slowed down for me with not a bite in the last 3 trips there. I was hoping to see some walleyes running around but i guess that was just in the spring. I noticed you guys been hooking some nice ones out there on the water hopefully i can find some bigs ones off shore some place. Anyone could help my search that would be great.

muskychub
11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Fonz,

Although I haven't been up yet this fall, I fish from shore all the time and do real well. My biggest is 32" off of the fishing pier in Kipling. Some other places to try are the launch at the Escanaba river, the rocks at the entrance to Gladstone Harbor, the along boths sides of the entrance to the Esky harbor and off of the gov pier before the Esky harbor. Find the weedline here and fish from there out. I use almost exclusively the largest Tennessee Shad Husky Jerk as well as the red one that they discontinued. I fish from about 30minutes before dark until I feel like leaving. Typically 4-5 hours. The fish seem to come in waves.

There are many other places, but these should get you into some fish. If you have any other questions, let me know.