PDA

View Full Version : any reports?

jerkbait
11-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Ive been out 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks and got skunked every time except for tues. eve. I got a hammer handle pike on a leadcore set up on a reef runner. Wondering if anyone else is still catching fish. And do the fish still like reefrunners now that the water is 42 degrees or should I be running thundersticks or husky jerks. Kinda confused havent been very successful in november in the past...

rambler
11-28-2009, 02:15 PM
We went out Sat. night guided by Steve Miljat. On the water by 5 p.m.
boated a 30 inch fish 11 lbs. 3 oz. kept for a mount. 2 29 inch 2 28 and a 26 inch fish released. Kept one 25 inch male and a few fish under 23 for eating.
Fish come on leadcore 2 colors running 18- 24 feet deep in 22 to 30 feet of water. Rapala F 18's took most of the fish. A couple on Smithwick Rogues. The diving lures we ran got nothing. Color did not seem to matter. Trolling speed 1.2-1.8 mostly between 1.4-1.6. Lots of S turns at times to vary the speed of the different lures.
A good time with some great friends. Wasn't as fast as fishing can be there but still extremely good in my book. Hope that helps!