PDA

View Full Version : For the deer hunters...

Anzomcik
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Good luck tomorrow, and be safe. I hope everyone has an enjoyable first day. If any one has success please post pictures, and stories.

Red Childress
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
No deer stories yet??

Anzomcik
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
As of right now, i do not have much to talk about. It has been rainy, windy, and alot fo hard work.

On a side note the wife shot a nice 9 point the last friday of archery.

toothyfishman
12-04-2009, 06:53 AM
I dumped a big 6 last night, thought for sure it was an 8 the way it all went down. I wasn't really happy about it. We are 3 on a side in my neck of the woods for you southern state guys wondering. Lucky, cause I thought for sure it was an 8. I wouldn't of shot if I would of known, I normally wait for better or go without.

I guess on the lighter side of things, I can focus on my little mentor hunter now.

He showed me up muskie fishing on the big fish this year, I hope he don't end up whooping me on the deer too.....I guess we see something big I'll just have to scare it before he gets to shoot :)

It pretty sad out there in the woods.

cband
12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Not a deer story, Although I did shoot an 8 pt.

For the 4th year in a row, One of the three of us(Dad, Bro, Myself) Connected with a bear. Here are the pics (one was taken with the timer off a rock)

Anzomcik
12-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow thats great i have only seen one bear in PA, it was in the spring several years ago. But i am not in prime bear country. Congrats thats awesome, keep that streak alive.

Well i did not connect with a deer this year. I had plenty of chances but never felt it was the right deer. But i did have a first this year! I have only seen 4 coyotes in my life this being one of them, and the only from PA all others were out of state. Nice adult male, came trottin in to me thirty yard broad side could not pass it up. So here he is, not sure what i will do with him yet.... The misses and i will figure that out. So this guy made my season the great thing is my dad was near enough to share most of the experence.
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/anzomcik/1212091205a.jpg

toothyfishman
12-13-2009, 08:58 AM
That is a pretty coydog.
They are smart suckers, I have hunted them hard for probably 12-15 years off and on and only called in 9 total and have shot 6, 4 off the call and 2 just sitting in an area I was seeing them. We have a good amount around me.

They are a challenge for sure!
The few I got sure meant a lot to me for the time I had in it. Trapping them is the way to go.

Congrats! I have a head mount of my first one.

If we all would shoot one the deer season would have a little more action!:)

lowbidder
12-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Nice Yote!

I have only tried hunting them one time and probably scared more off than called in! We have many of them down this way. I've seen them on occasion, but we consistently hear packs of them in the middle of the night right outside my window. Actually, my wife hears them and wakes me up... I sleep like the dead.

Katmai Kid
12-14-2009, 09:14 AM
My brother made it home from Sewickley PA this weekend to bag a nice 8 point up 337 in pleasant twp. I on the other hand never saw a deer! Still have late archery season, but now it's time to whack and stack those fresh walleye fillets!