12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Looks interesting. Anyone ever see one in action? http://www.thewilcraft.com

BRING ON THE ICE!

Walleye Quinn
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
"Sweet" !!!!!!!!!!!!

DooFighter
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
That does look pretty cool. I looked at the pictures, and couldn't tell how they seal the fishing holes up for "boat" mode, though. Anyone see that?

I was afraid to look at the price link.

RudyG
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
WOW Great rig.. way out of my price range .. but Great Rig!

Did quite a bit of reading on it. Holes are sealed with rubber gaskets on the "plugs" which are really buckets so the double as storage.

Seems to me tho .. fully loaded with all options... this thing still is less than a side by side.. base is under 10K... and safer on any ice. Really gotta wonder about the 4' drift capability tho with only 11 inches of clearance and two wheel drive. But..

I LIKE IT!! Thanks Chris .. good read!

desparado
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I spend quite a bit of time in mine. There is also a guy in Tawas City with one.
I've been into open water areas and back up onto the ice numerous times; like open cracks that are 15 across (or more) or springtime when the shoreline is melting away but there's still plenty of ice in the middle of the lake. It's actually kinda fun.

Rudy is right about how the holes are plugged; buckets (slightly tapered) with gaskets around them. There is also a nylon strap that can be clipped in across the top of each bucket to keep it in place.