View Full Version : Moraine Musky Association Meeting

Red Childress
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
How did the meeting go last nite?

Any size limit changes coming soon?

Thanks!

allegheny river kid
12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
The verdict isn't in yet. Dave Miko seemed to be interested in the idea of changing the size limit as an experiment but has some concerns about it. He was going to talk with a few others from the commission and get back with Bryan Boyer on the issue. He felt a size change of 45" was much more attainable than a size change to 50". Strong showing at the meeting with over 50 people attending and alot of valid points from both sides.

toothyfishman
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice, I sure wish I was closer to all that. It's just too far for me to drive for a meeting.

Red Childress
12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Ditto for me as well. I think it is very cool that those guys have put together an association devoted to musky fishing.

Larry Jones
12-09-2009, 08:18 AM
When is the next MMA Meeting? Since I'm retired I can see a road trip to make a MMA meeting this winter.

Red Childress
12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Just google the organization and find their homepage. The info should be on there soon as to when the next meeting is.

Rich W
12-09-2009, 09:12 AM
The meetings are held on the first Monday of each month.
Rich W

Red Childress
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Rich. I would have posted the link but that is frowned upon for understandable reasons.

Tiller
12-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Website is http://tiptopwebsite.com/websites/intro.php?username=mma
MEMBERSHIP IS ONLY $5.00/YR. You don't have to be a member to come to meetings but at that price why wouldn't you. Just for the chance to get together and talk about Musky fishing with people such as Howard Wagner is worth the hour I drive each month.

Anzomcik
12-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I looked at the sight link. I have never heard of this group. Is there alot of people that attend the meetings? What town are the meeting near? I am interested in joining. So any one that can give some info other than what the link has would be great. If needed put it in a PM thanks

allegheny river kid
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I looked at the sight link. I have never heard of this group. Is there alot of people that attend the meetings? What town are the meeting near? I am interested in joining. So any one that can give some info other than what the link has would be great. If needed put it in a PM thanks

Meetings are held first monday of each month at around 7pm or so. Meeting outside Butler on the shores of Lake Arthur at the Mt. Zion Church off of Rt 528 across from the 528 boat launch. Meetings generally have pretty good attendance and good speakers at each meeting. If you can stop by a meeting always a good time.