PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight

Cheesehead
12-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I am able to keep up to 5 walleyes, 15" or greater, in which only one can be 23" or greater? Also with the ability to fish up to three lines, am I able to use treble hooks on all my lines legally?
My Dad is coming up and he was wondering where is good spot to stay near the ice. He just needs a place to stay for a night or two with good beds and not to expensive. Jan 15-17? A place with access to an area to cut up fish would be nice.
Looking forward to the fishing!

The Bait Shop Guy
12-18-2009, 10:24 AM
You are correct on the walleye regs. If you keep any pike, they count towards your 5 fish limit, (not unusual to catch pike while walleye fishing here.) You can only keep 2 pike with a minimum length of 24 inches. No problem using bare trebles on your line. You also need to have your name and address printed on the tip-ups.

Lots of good places to stay that are close to the bay. Go to http://www.baysdenoc.com and click "lodging and dining" on the left hand side of the page. Most of the businesses listed are geared more towards fishermen and have fish cleaning and storage available.