PDA

View Full Version : PA State Record Musky

Red Childress
12-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Does anyone out there have a photo of the PA state record musky that they would like to scan and post here??

You can just scan it, email it to me and I will take care of posting it if that makes it easier.

I know it is documented in Ramsell's book but I do not have a copy. I must admit that I have never seen a photo of our 'recognized' state record fish. Is there another place I can view this fish besides Larry's book??

cband
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Back when I was in 10th grade ('98), our biology course took a field trip up to Linesville. I did take a picture at that time, but I am not sure if I could find it. I am sure someone has a pic. It didn't impress me as much as what the kinzua giant did.

Red Childress
12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
The Kinzua giant from '86 (if my memory serves me)??

Ivan
12-23-2009, 09:30 AM
I have Larry's book. I will take a look for the picture. I actually don't remember seeing a pic of it in the book. I don't have a flat surface scanner at home and don't want to tear a page out of the book, so I will have to wait to use a scanner at work next week.
Adam

cband
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
yep, that would be the one Red.

Red Childress
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Reed F. told me there was a photo of it in either Vol. 1 or 2 of Ramsell's Compendium. 59 inches and 54 pounds puts our State Record in the top 4 or 5 nationwide of current/accepted and certified muskies. I think it is pretty amazing that PA's and MN's state records are almost identical when MN is (arguably) enjoying the best musky fishing in that state's history.