PDA

View Full Version : ice conditions

jerkbait
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I heard this morn. that someone went through the ice over by the coal dock in gladstone. Wondering if anyone had any details of the ice over there and if he went through near where the boat had been in. If anyone has any details please share. I also heard the guy made it out alive thank God for that.

Good Luck and Safe Fishin
Jerkbait

duckiller2
12-29-2009, 10:41 AM
http://dailypress.net/page/content.detail/id/516660.html?nav=5003

CrankYanker
12-29-2009, 11:53 AM
50 ft of water... hmmm where could that be... Saunders pt maybe? Will people every get the picture? And a local at that

The Bait Shop Guy
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
More like 20 to 25 feet, (not that it really matters.) Talking with someone who witnessed the rescue, the guy went through at the channel the barge opened up last week, in front of the coal piles.

CrankYanker
12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I guess a 20ft wide stretch of jagged ice making a big circle around the dock isn't enough for some.... When in doubt DON'T GO OUT! Stuff like this is what makes it hard for me to get out and go fishing without a big hassle... (women don't like to hear about this stuff)

wyldstallion906
12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I guess a 20ft wide stretch of jagged ice making a big circle around the dock isn't enough for some.... When in doubt DON'T GO OUT! Stuff like this is what makes it hard for me to get out and go fishing without a big hassle... (women don't like to hear about this stuff)

Don't worry little lady. You'll be ok im sure.

CrankYanker
12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Don't worry little lady. You'll be ok im sure.

Hey Stallion is your name compinsating for something?

weekend jimmy
12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
my wife gets excited/nervous too when she hears of this sort of thing. I'm very cautious when it comes to ice. But that doesn't seem to matter much to her. Thanks for the info as to where .he went through. It will help to ease her mind a little.

John flugaur
01-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Some people will never learn.A guy by Crandon was not so lucky, he left 2 daughters and a wife. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.If you could keep me updated on the ice conditions at john.flugaur@ gmail.com would like to come and try and catch one of your trophy walleye or even a batch of perch. Good fishing, hunterjohn

Frosty
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I have fished this bay for many years and all I can say is be careful and take your time. Though the route you took out early that morning was safe might not be when you come back that night. Several times I have had to find a different way off the ice because of a pressure crack that appeared or dissapeared or someone crossed an area causing that area to become unsafe. Some may call me chicken but in all the years I have fished this bay I have never even got my feet wet and that is the way I intend to keep it. There is NO fish out there worth my life so if your not sure ask someone and don't assume. Good Luck to all and I hope to see you on the ice.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!