PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Outing Final Planning Stages

Red Childress
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
The meeting went well last nite. The Warren County Chapter 75 DAV will sponsor the event and was very happy to do so. Here are the key points we discussed:

1) Chapter 75 is not allowed to provide transportation unless it is to and from the hospital. That means the Veterans will have to provide their own transportation or their is a possibility that the TAWC (Transit Authority of Warren County) will help for free. We are contacting them this week.

2) The outing cannot be during the 2nd weekend of July because of a DAV walleye tournament held on Kinzua. The first week is the holiday, of course, so we are left with the 3rd and 4th weeks or move it to August. I assume most volunteers will want this to be on a weekend (which is fine) and during a time when the bite is strong.

3) The chairman of Chapter 75 is calling the Chautauqua County DAV chairman today to work out any details between the 2 chapters. There will be no problems as it is just a courtesy call to help the event run smoothly.

4) We decided that ANY Veteran can attend (from any state) this event but we might have to do a drawing as the primary selection process. [B]Our worst nightmare is NOT having enough boats for the event.

5) I did ask about liability issues regarding injuries, etc. I was told that as long as a DAV Chapter "sponsors" the event, their insurance policy will cover any mishaps that might occur. They did ask that ONLY guys with boating experience, high character and with liability boating insurance be assigned as "guides" for this event as extra-protection for both parties.

5) The Veterans that attended the meeting last night were very happy and appreciative knowing guys like us were willing to sacrifice our time and resources for them. I told them it was the very least we could do.

So I guess our next step is to get "set-in-stone commitments" from guys who want to participate and set an EXACT date for it to be held.

Let's begin the discussion.....

Punch and Judy
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
We decided to help out, add one more boat! Think we can get away from the business for a day to help out.

Red Childress
01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
After reviewing all the previous posts regarding the Event, it looks like the 3rd weekend in July is when most volunteers would like to do it. The bite on Chautauqua should still be strong and the water temps will be very close to optimal.

It will be impossible to please everyone so I guess going with the majority is the only fair way.

I will wait for someone to make a "motion" for the 3rd weekend in July and then we can set that date in stone.

Punch and Judy
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Looks good to us, second that for the 3rd weekend in July.

Ivan
01-06-2010, 12:43 PM
The third weekend in July is Sat 7/17 and Sun 7/18. I'll make the "motion" or second it if the motion was already made. Count my boat in.
Adam Andresky

Red Childress
01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Ivan is a much smarter man than I since he can properly read a calendar. July has 5 weekends this year. All this time I thought I was going to be gone during the 3rd (next to last) weekend of the month!

I will 3rd the motion for the 3rd weekend of July.

Done deal. Now for the planning phase.

Larry Jones
01-06-2010, 04:57 PM
The 3rd weekend of July will work for me.I'll have my boat and Vince Bianchi will have his boat available as well.Chautauqua Tourisom has transport vehicles as well.I'm going to be gone to Florida this weekend till the 24th of January,let me know where I can help when I return.

Capt. Larry