PDA

View Full Version : First time to little bay

faurot3
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
im coming up to little bay this weekend and its my first time. I fish saginaw bay down state a lot and was just wondering if anyone would give me any advise they thought helpful im staying in gladstone. saginaw bay doesnt have much structure so i was wondering if there were some genral area structure spots to fish up there. Thanks for any advise good luck and good fishing.

faurot3

The Bait Shop Guy
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
When you get up here, you will see shacks spread out all over the bay. At least 90% of them are targeting walleyes. There really is no particular hot spot out there. I personally like to set up at the base of a steep breakline, (there are miles of that type of structure up here,) just to help funnel and concentrate fish a little bit. That said, you can do just as well out in the middle of the basin areas, too. Don't know how much help that is, but it's a start. Whatever baits and techniques that work for you at home will probably work up here as well. Go with what you have confidence in.

Good luck. let us know how you do.

faurot3
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
thanks chris anything is helpful your first time i have a pretty good chartplotter with the bay on it so i should be able to target the ridges. I got two and 1/2 days and my 4 and 5 year olds will be mad if i dont come home with some fresh walleye. Ill be sure to stop at your shop. what time are you open.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-14-2010, 06:13 AM
We're open everyday from 7am to 5pm, but we usually open earlier and close later on the weekends.