PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Weekend

Red Childress
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Looks like it might be "warm" enough to fish this weekened...maybe even casting will work out OK.

Anyone planning to hit some soft water??

ttabaleulb
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Man, if those temps hold true, I'll definitely be out somewhere this weekend with Flyrod in hand. Not sure if it will be for bait (trout) or the toothy critters. :D Just got my license for the year, so I'm ready to go!!

Red Childress
01-14-2010, 10:38 AM
The 10-day forecast shows next weekend might be 'castable' as well. Highs around 32 for Saturday as it stands now.

Red Childress
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I finally saw that big star in the sky yesterday. Many astronomers refer to it as the sun, I think.

Anzomcik
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Went out this afternoon, had a pretty good night. I lost a real nice fish mid 40s, ad my partner lost three fish. We did not see his fish, so not sure what they were. Also my partner landed 2 pike, both chunky one in the 20s and the other mid 30s. Not a bad day in my book.

Did anyone else make it out? How did you do?

Red Childress
01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
I did not get out this past weekend but will definitely get out this coming weekend. Temperatures are looking very nice for both Saturday and Sunday.

Katmai Kid
01-19-2010, 11:16 AM
My brother made it home this weekend from the land of little ice so we decided to fish the Zoo. I had fished it the three days previous and done well. 25" walleye was the winner on Friday. We fished 12 hours on Saturday and the action was slow. We were going to fish the place the 5 pounder came from but news travels fast. There were seven guys on it before we arrived at 6:30am! Caught 10 pike, a walleye and a few nice perch. Sunday was slow with two pike and a keeper eye. Yesterday a few short pike and a pair of short eyes. Camping for the rest of the week and weekend. Walking in to the Hodge I think..... I'll let you know how we do. The ice North of webbs is pretty solid still from the warm up incase anyone is getting out in the next few days!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
01-20-2010, 11:30 PM
sat was slow lost one ski mid 40's and sunday my dad had a big fat lunge chase hard to boatside nothin in the boat though..............

Red Childress
01-28-2010, 08:17 AM
It appears there will not be any fishing this weekend unless you are ice fishing. The temps are not looking good for casting but maybe trolling if a guy can endure it.