PDA

View Full Version : Warm weather

crazyeyes
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Must have turned the fish on south of Gladstone in 30 fow. Had more active and aggressive bites tonight versus the recent past. No's 3 and 5 jigging raps with three keeper fish (two in 20 inch range, 1 just over 15), two off, and one throwback. Several lookers. Also adjusted leader to 8lb. mono; nice clear day.

magneto
01-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Crazyeyes,
What do you run for line above the leader? How high off the bottom do you usually find the most action? A buddy and I are heading up tomorrow for the weekend and don't really have a game plan yet. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks

crazyeyes
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I run 8lb fireline for line above the leader. That stuff will not break. In my shack I run a high line (up to 8ft. off bottom) and a low line (1-3 ft. off). Most come off the low line as they're chasing it on the rise. A lot of the time they NEED to be chasing/following the bait up. I haven't had many hit at the depth the lure sits at. Walleyes don't always hit they're targets either, even if these targets are stationary or moving at a moderate pace. What is that kid eating?