PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Perch?

smokercraft
01-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Can anyone tell me where there is a consistent spot to catch perch on LBDN....looking for the nice ones!

packrat
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
ARE you kidding,pretty slow out there.

BiG ARN
01-16-2010, 01:25 PM
you may as well ask for GPS coordinates to someones honey hole! LOL

The Bait Shop Guy
01-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Best GENERAL area has been the far north end of the bay in 10 to 20 FOW. CONSISTENT areas are few and far between. More a matter of being in the right place at the right time. A spot will be good one day, and dead the next. It pays to be mobile. When you find them, they'll be nice, (8 to 12 inchers have been pretty typical.) Couldn't tell you how many small minnows and wigglers we sold today, but it was a lot! That's where the majority of the perch jerkers were headed today.

raywriter
01-16-2010, 11:18 PM
The coments Chris posted are quite accurate. I spent part of the day on the north end today chasing perch with fair results. Moving and trying different depths is important. I caught them from 7' to 26', but always just a couple here, a couple there. One thing I noticed was that each time I attracted a small school of perch to my spot, pike showed up soon and scattered the perch. I watched the pike come in on camera, so I know for certain they spooked the perch. Wigglers, spikes, minnows, and scented soft plastics all produced fish.

YooperTroll
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
The coments Chris posted are quite accurate. I spent part of the day on the north end today chasing perch with fair results. Moving and trying different depths is important. I caught them from 7' to 26', but always just a couple here, a couple there. One thing I noticed was that each time I attracted a small school of perch to my spot, pike showed up soon and scattered the perch. I watched the pike come in on camera, so I know for certain they spooked the perch. Wigglers, spikes, minnows, and scented soft plastics all produced fish.

Hmm...sounds like I should follow you perch fisherman around with some tipups!

The Bait Shop Guy
01-17-2010, 11:58 AM
A lot of guys have reported catching big perch on 3 to 4 inch shiners and suckers set on tip-ups meant for walleyes.