PDA

View Full Version : Truck goes in?

jigrapper
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Anyone know where the truck went in last night. News mentioned that a father and twin daughters escaped from the pickup as it went down. He was out checking shacks or something.....

fatdog
01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
south of gladstone. there were police on the highway on the big corner leaving gladstone. between gladstone and the log cabin restaurant. i heard it was sumerged so not sure if its still out there. the daughters ran to the highway for help. dont know anymore info. there is a big crack out there by the west bank. with all theres trucks going in, including mine yesterday i might switch over to the quad again.

Walleye Quinn
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Saturday and Sunday highs are going to be around 35

crawlerman
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I just came through there coming back up from Wisconsin and they were working on getting the truck out. All that was sticking out was about 3 feet of the bed. It is about half way between McDonalds and the Log Cabin. Good to hear everyone got out safely.

rockbass
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
The kids were minors I take it. How dumb and irresponsible does a person/parent have to be to do something like that. I know that there are alot of dumb people around but comon. I hope child protective sercvices paid this guy a visit today.

veese_2001
01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=404265

rockbass
01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Now that i read the news link they were 10 year old girls. I cannot believe someone would be that stupid, words cannot begin to express waht a complete fool this guy is what an embarrassment. All for what a fish fry? Next time take you family out for an $8 fish fry might save you some money. Or at least go out by yourself.

I missed the part at the end that said alchohol may have been a factor. Thats child endangerment plain and simple, what an embarrassment to himself and his family.

jerkbait
01-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree with you on the dumbass part man it's guys like this that make us icefishermen and women look crazy. Not to mention makes all of our wives think we are retarded. I hope I never go through but seems like most of these cases could be avoided with a little thinking... Saunders pt, duh ... Drive your truck somewhere where you dont see any other trucks hmmm... Take your kids with you doing something stupid... man use your head... Not to mention the danger to the rescuers and salvage people.

Be safe and think. If it seems like a bad idea dont do it... no fish is worth it.
Good luck
Jerkbait

wyldstallion906
01-20-2010, 08:46 PM
whatever happened to walking out on the ice? for what it costs to take a dip on your truck i bet you can get a super warm portable with heater and some nice boots with cleats and walk out...or even a 4wheeler? snowmobile? anything is cheaper than dumping a truck in the drink..im all for the idea of some knobs creating more structure for the fish to hang out around but this is a bit much. Oh and i forgot that you can buy bill dances super structure thing from bass pro for reasonable price also...I hear they work better than trucks. .