PDA

View Full Version : Almost a limit

The Bait Shop Guy
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Been hearing better reports from guys fishing off the breaks, ( I normally like to set up at the base of a breakline.) Tried tonight about 50 yards off a break, in about 35 FOW. Actually had a pretty decent trip. It was a refreshing change of pace to have the majority of fish that came through actually bite! Landed 9 walleyes tonight, with four of them being legal fish between 15 1/2 and 19 inches. All on jigs - no action on the tip-ups, (one of my minnows did get chewed up pretty good without tripping the flag, though.) I did mark three big fish tonight, but they were the only ones that didn't want to play.

Hot jig was a #7 metallic purple Jigging Rap. Don't bother looking for it at the shop - that was a custom Fleet Farm color I had picked up in Wisconsin years ago. I don't know if they even make it anymore. Honestly, I don't think color would have mattered tonight, that just happened to be the first thing I tied on. Also caught a couple on a Tangerine Tiger Shiver Minnow. Guy I was fishing with got two keepers in the upper teens on a #9 Firetiger Rap.

Below is an example of why you should have two rods rigged and ready to go at all times! Popped the first fish and a second came on the screen while reeling it up. I could see the first one was legal, so I threw the rod and fish onto the floor of the shack and sent down my "change up" bait before it swam away. Couple jigs later I was well on my way to tomorrows fish fry!:D

WalligatorGetter
01-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Been hearing better reports from guys fishing off the breaks

50 yards off a break, in about 35 FOW.

All on jigs - no action on the tip-ups,

#9 Firetiger Rap.

Hmm . . . I see that there are some remarkable similarities between our reports. If my posts happened to be involved with influencing your decision, I’m glad they helped. Glad to here that you did well. Keep up the good work! We all enjoy getting info from you.

walleyeguy
01-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Walligatorgetter,

Holy wah, you da man. I bet Chris is really thankful for you helping him cause I doubt he would have fished where he did without your infinite wisdom. Man, you skills as an angler are just amazing. Keep up the good work and keep your information coming as I think everyone idolizes your sick skills.

North Town
01-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I recently purchased 17 #9 Firetiger Raps... I sure hope these things work as good as you say Walligatorgotter...

duckiller2
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Hope they were on sale that is a pile of them Oh they will work seen it with my own "eyes"

WalligatorGetter
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Hold up, hold up, hold up guys.
To set the record straight, I did not “help” Chris. The last time I was in his shop I was asking him for advice, as always. I only wish that I could be as successful with walleye fishing as he is. I was merely pointing out that there were a lot of similarities between his report and the reports that I’ve been posting, and that maybe my reports were some of the ones that he said influenced his decision. At least, that is what I was trying point out. Maybe the wording was a bit off. Sorry about that Chris!

The Bait Shop Guy
01-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, I guess it's good to know that people "got my back.":rolleyes: Not that it was really needed in this case. I fully expected some sort of response from you, after mentioning not getting anything (this trip) on a tip-up. I suppose until people get used to your particular sense of humor, it's best to include some "smilies" in your posts to let them know when you're goofing around:D:p;):rolleyes::eek:

I only wish that I could be as successful with walleye fishing as he is.

Considering my track record this season, you may want to rethink that statement!:confused:

If you're looking for someone to idolize, it's Walleyeguy (AKA Ice King, AKA Dominator.) He's the true walleye fishing rockstar of Little Bay de Noc, (even though he's "under suspicion":eek:)

mbrown
01-22-2010, 09:46 PM
If you're looking for someone to idolize, it's Walleyeguy (AKA Ice King, AKA Dominator.) He's the true walleye fishing rockstar of Little Bay de Noc, (even though he's "under suspicion")

You aren't suggesting that Walleyeguy is on steroids, are you??? :eek:

The Bait Shop Guy
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Uuummm...no comment.:rolleyes:

Man, I am NOT looking forward to the "payback" on this one!

North Town
01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Please..... let's not blow up Dom's (AKA Buck D) head any bigger than need be!!