PDA

View Full Version : Cutters In...and I mean In...

jerkbait
01-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Had a nice little surprise while sitting off the delta co. jail tonight around 540 pm. I heard some cracking and what sounded like a boat coming. Not an odd sound as Kobasic has been busting ice for some time now just behind us. But tonight the boat was coming from the light house area. As I looked out my window I recognized the boat as a coast guard cutter. Hmm figured they would run over near the ore docks and maybe run around near the coal dock and be done. But as I fished I decided to keep an eye on it. All was well till I decided I was gonna step out and snap a picture of them. As I stepped out of my shack I noticed some guys out further than me packing up hastily. So I went around the shack and decided now would be a good time to bail. They were turned and headed dead towards us. As we all stood on shore gear packed all half assed, we watched them dock up for the night at the municiple dock. Didnt hear any warnings or see anything in the paper about this one. Hope they dont plow through our shacks in the a.m. Im gonna try and get down there early tomorrow to find out thier course off the dock.

oh yeah got a keeper eye 2 mins after I went back out to my shack to keep fishing. and that was it for the night

Phew that one got the heart beating,

Jerkbait

jerkbait
01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Took my 5 yr old to see the ship at the municiple dock this mornin before school and she was gone. So I was looking for its path out of the dock and it looked like she backed up and turned around to take the same path out. Oh well guess they took our fishing into consideration on thier exit.

Be careful out there with the warmer temps coming this weekend...

Jerkbait