PDA

View Full Version : Ice travel from Kipling

packrat
01-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok what is the latest on travel on the ice from the Kipling launch? I looked from shore wednesday evening about 5:00 it looks like it has tightened up a lot. Now I'm asking about 4 wheeler/ snowmobile travel I think the truck will stay on shore for awhile yet. How is the heave/ pressure crack off Butlers Island? Any certain spot best to cross, I'm sure with the single digit temps we have been having the last couple days the auger holes that had gotten a little larger have frozen again. I heard some were pretty good size hate to drop a wheel in one. Any info will be helpful.

Good luck everyone

The Bait Shop Guy
01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Talked to one guy at the shop today that had driven his truck off the Kipling launch, across Butler's Island, with no problems. Stay away from the northeast tip of the island. That ice is always bad, and is where the problems were at on Sunday.

Walleye Quinn
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Just a heads up. The pressure crack on the back side of Butler's Island is starting to heave up with water around it. Walleye Quinn...

Ifishok
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I was going to cross that second heave today and fish with the portable but it looked super ugly, trucks were past it but I wasn't going to be one of them.

Walleye Quinn
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
That Pressure Crack on the back side of Butler's Island is realy realy bad today with lots of water around it. There is a spot marked with trees where the trucks are going over the Pressure Crack. Its to the North and then East of Butler's Island. PS would I cross the Pressur Crack in my truck no way. Walleye Quinn...