PDA

View Full Version : actual fish report!

CrankYanker
01-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Walleye seemed to have gotten a bit hungrier with the weather change.. Caught 3 last night between 5:30 and 6.. a few lookers that wouldn't take.. 2 on raps tipped with minnow heads one on a spoon with whole minnow... 2-16 inchers and one 17... Good eats.. They didn't screw around like they have been seemed like they bit right away. Didn't require much finesse as in recent weeks.

corby
01-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Just curious how much ice you had?

CrankYanker
01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
I had 12 inches as of wed night... I didn't go out last night and tonight I had to chip about 4 fricken inches... had a very tiny hole needless to say... didn't think it was gonna get that thick in two days... I'm not as far south as some others but I'm gonna say most of the bay should be pretty safe for the weekend... One 18 in tonight and one 14.. a bit timid tonight... Ice was being pretty loud so maybe thats why... had two waves of fish that wouldn't hit then about 6 I caught the two...

The Bait Shop Guy
01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Sounds like you're fishing south of Gladstone. Are you taking a truck out there now, or a quad?

CrankYanker
01-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Still takin the quad but there were some trucks out there tonight. I may move more south but pullin the shack around on the glare ice is a pain in the neck... Might stick it out in my spot until we get some snow..