PDA

View Full Version : Wens Night

duckiller2
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Caught 15 eyes from 4:00 to 5:45 got my limit went home early. # 7 fire tiger and also mixed in a # 5 glow orange for the fun of it.

rfordt14
02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Where were you fishing at? I am bring my grandpa up there for the first time for both of us. I have been doing some research but it is nothing like local information

duckiller2
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Please forgive me and really not trying to be rude but I have quite a few around me already and I have found that the more shacks that are around the less fish I catch. I suggest that you get to a spot where there is structure I mean just a hump or finger that is higher than the area around it and fish there First couple hrs in the morning and from 4-6 @ night. Rest of the time is just fishing not catching for me. I use a Rapala solid graphite med action rod with 2/10 Power Pro line # 7 fire tiger (NO MINNOWS) I do spray a little Dr Walleye Juice on it once and a while. Tie the lure right to the line. Have another pole that is not quite a stiff and it has mono on it and it is much harder to detect a hit because I can not feel it as good or at all in some cases. Bait shop guy has maps in the shop check with him when you get in town. I am in the upper bay. Best of luck and hope you do well

duckiller2
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I forgot to say that I only fish 1 line EVER in the shack If me and my son both fish we catch hardly anything at all Do not know why that is but it true. Talk to a friend last night who was near me and they were both fishing and when I left they were zippo yet and he mentioned that it seemed to make a diff. to them as well.The night before he caught quite a few even though they were small. He was by himself when he did well.

rfordt14
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for all of that. I understand and know how it goes when you have people around you. But thanks you so much for all the information you have given me. Best of luck to you

finnish fin
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
How Big where the keepers?, care to share the fow you were fishing..

duckiller2
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Most keepers are 15 to 16 1/2 A few are 17-18 and I have got 3 over 23 this year. Got around 125 that were 12-14 7/8 this year More than 20 less than 40 FOW