PDA

View Full Version : A couple more big fish

The Bait Shop Guy
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Looks like the morning bite was good today. Hunter Way stopped by the shop this morning to get more bait after catching this nice 29 inch 9 pound 4 ounce walleye. He caught it on a sucker minnow under a tip-up.

A couple hours later, Teddy Koons stopped in with his crew and this monster 31 inch, 11 pound 5 ounce walleygator! He caught this one old-school using a good old Swedish Pimple (#5 FYN,) tipped with a minnow.

Nice catch guys!

rfordt14
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Where are all these nice fish coming from. I have never fished down in little bay before so a little bit of information would be helpful

birddog94
02-13-2010, 01:39 AM
What gets me is why keep such big fish unless they plan on mounting them..i'm pretty sure they wouldn't taste very good. Granted I woould love to catch one...

Gunsnbowses
02-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd venture a guess and say most of those fish are being mounted. But what gets me as why anyone else would question it?:D

CrankYanker
02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
if you catch a fish like this once a year... Which for many is more like once every couple years I think you deserve to keep it... Just cause You can't catch one doen't tell other people what to do with it... It's very hard to reel up a fish like that and not bring er home! nice fish guys, keep um coming. (those big ones really don't taste bad anyway) but are much better above the fireplace.

mudpuppy
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't mind the taste of big fish at all. It's not bad when you cut the dark red meat out and slice the thick pieces horizontally.. I can hardly tell the difference when I deep fry it.

schmutzomatic 5000
02-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I am all for the slot and I return most of the big spawners but if somone wants to bring a pig home for braggin rights, more power to em... Nothin wrong with showin off your hard work.. Great job... Besides what better Valentine's gift than slappin a 30+ in the wife's lap so she can enjoy the moment with ya..