PDA

View Full Version : lake gogebic question

rph
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
going there for a 4 day ice fishing vacation in march could anyone give me some info where on the lake they catch them big perch any info would help thanks

rusty-hooks
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
message sent -

IM MuskyTime
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I got a couple last year out in front of the federal boat launch in the SE corner of the lake....26-30 FOW, just a wiggler on a tear drop. Flasher is an immense help and take your creepers. You'll see quite a few guys spread out along that stretch in front of the launch.

Some guys slayed them in other parts of the lake, but a couple of those 13" jumbo perch make for a lot of meat so you don't need to get 25 for a meal. They've actually talked about taking the bag limit down, which would probably help keep the fishery intact. Hopefully it's not too late. Anyway, I'm sure others know a lot more about it than I do---I'll be over there sometime in March too, so if anyone wants to send me a PM with a tip, it would be much appreciated.

Good luck!

rph
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I got a couple last year out in front of the federal boat launch in the SE corner of the lake....26-30 FOW, just a wiggler on a tear drop. Flasher is an immense help and take your creepers. You'll see quite a few guys spread out along that stretch in front of the launch.

Some guys slayed them in other parts of the lake, but a couple of those 13" jumbo perch make for a lot of meat so you don't need to get 25 for a meal. They've actually talked about taking the bag limit down, which would probably help keep the fishery intact. Hopefully it's not too late. Anyway, I'm sure others know a lot more about it than I do---I'll be over there sometime in March too, so if anyone wants to send me a PM with a tip, it would be much appreciated.

Good luck!we are going to be staying on the southwest end of the lake and can not wait to go i am sure it will be pretty tough fishing but I am still looking forward to it. I am just looking for some info to find the fish while I am there instead of wasting a couple of days trying to find the fish any info would help tremendously thanks

rusty-hooks
02-23-2010, 11:02 PM
The key at the time we fished it in Jan. was wigglers - electronics and dead stickin'. Seems as if they travel in 1's and 2's. We fished on the North end of the Lake in about 20' - 24'. We discovered that we had to wait for the perch to take the bait then set the hook. Once you have one on the ice and see the size your biggest enemy will be patience!!

Good Luck and let me know how you do. I hear the March bite is fantastic!!

rph
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
The key at the time we fished it in Jan. was wigglers - electronics and dead stickin'. Seems as if they travel in 1's and 2's. We fished on the North end of the Lake in about 20' - 24'. We discovered that we had to wait for the perch to take the bait then set the hook. Once you have one on the ice and see the size your biggest enemy will be patience!!

Good Luck and let me know how you do. I hear the March bite is fantastic!!

thank you for all of your help do you have to do alot of hole hoppin or is there any specific jigs or colors worked better than others when you fished the lake again thanks for all of your help