PDA

View Full Version : river water temp info

muskyjerk
03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I've been having trouble finding Allegheny river water temperatures online. That phrase always worked to get me to a corps website in the past. Now the corps site redirects me to Rivergauges.com which doesn't seem to give water temperatures. I could use help.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I have your solution you can call the dam for a daily report of temps upper and lower, water levels, outflow that day and the outflow for the following days....
(814) 726-0164

muskyjerk
03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I appreciate the advice but I'm usually pretty far south of the dam. I'm usually in the Pittsburgh pool or the the next couple up. when i'm lucky I'm in the middle Allegheny but not as far up as the dam.

Red Childress
03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
The Warren area Res/river temps can be misleading at times. The temp is taken 1 time per week and is usually on Tuesday mornings. The recorded forecast and current conditions are recorded at around 9:30am so be sure to call around 10am for the most accurate conditions. BTW, They hang a thermometer over both sides of the dam and consider that the Reservoir and current river temps.

Red Childress
03-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Kinzua Dam outflow info:

http://wmw.lrp.usace.army.mil/current/forecast.html

muskyjerk
03-17-2010, 09:14 AM
USGS and advanced hydrologic prediction service aren't bad for levels. The USGS site even has temps at Kinzua and Lock 3 For the Allegheny while Kitanning's temp reading is unavailable. Lots of other waters available.