PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Viewing Sys. problems

raywriter
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Two friends bought U.V.S. cameras through the same mail order company. Both cameras failed (developed internal leaks). One failed after one season, the other less than a month after purchase. In the first case the company said there was nothing they could do and they did not know if or where parts were available. In the second case they sent out a replacement camera (probably because it failed so soon after purchase).

The second unit was also the more expensive scanning model. Since we did not want the replacement camera to fail as well, we built our own waterproof enclosure for it before it has ever been used. We sealed it very well, and the way it is made does not seem to reduce the quality of the image on the monitor at all. The parts are from Menards and the Goodwill store and cost less than five bucks. If anyone is interested, I'll take a digital photo of the device we built and try to post it.

In the mean time, I would like to find a replacement camera for the first unit. It is a Sony and I have seen some possibilities online. Has anyone out there been able to find a source for these cameras? Have any others had their cameras so quickly?

Naptime
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Check out the Lorex submersible cameras. I have been using them for 5 years or so with good success.......